Jobs to love
...maybe this is the job you'll
Job title: Jobs – Business Development Manager
The start-up: his is one of the most exciting e-commerce start-ups in Europe, backed by VC and Angel Investors whose successes include Net-A-Porter, Farfetch and Secret Escapes (Octopus Investments, Playfair Capital & Index Ventures).
Other goodies: Competitive salary and stock options
What you'll be doing:
- You will work closely with the team to bring new partner boutiques onto the platform, ensuring the company hits ambitious growth targets.
- Your focus will be developing a commercial strategy and leading the Business Development team whilst actively onboarding new boutiques yourself.
- You'll explore opportunities for new business and will also lead sales meetings, negotiate contracts and pricing, as well as train new members of staff.
- Finding, building relationships with and on-boarding new boutiques – both in face to face meetings and remotely
- Building and structuring our sales team
- Coaching & training the sales team to hit monthly targets
- Analysing and developing sales processes, and infrastructure including managing our database of independent retailers, monitoring the sales pipeline and forecasting (e.g. creating a comprehensive playbook, and developing the use of a CRM system such as Salesforce / Pipedrive)
- Balance aims of the Business Development team with other goals from across the business, working closely with Community (Account Management) and Merchandising teams.
- Provide strategic and analytical insight into the selection of new markets and boutiques for Trouva
- Your time will be split between being out and about visiting boutiques and working from the office
- This is not a traditional sales role; we have a unique client base and we are looking for a candidate that can connect and empathise with our community of independent boutiques.
- We are looking for someone excited about independent retail & can help us scale our business in the UK and internationally.
What's to love: This is an amazing opportunity to join a fast paced and rapidly growing start-up venture. This is one of the most exciting e-commerce start-ups in Europe, backed by VC and Angel Investors whose successes include Net-A-Porter, Farfetch and Secret Escapes (Octopus Investments, Playfair Capital & Index Ventures).
What they'll love: About You
- Passionate about; design, fashion, and our community of independent boutiques
- Educated to degree level with proven sales experience and personal sales achievements
- Knowledge of pricing strategies, discounts and techniques to deliver results
- A keen interest in start-ups & supporting independent businesses
- Experience of managing high performing sales people and skilled in developing individuals and achieving high output
- Confident at negotiating contracts and thinking on your feet
- Ability to analyse quantitative and qualitative data and to interpret insights
- An effortless communicator who can explain complex concepts in everyday terms as well as skilled at forging networks and partnerships
- Extremely organised and flexible in approach, capable of managing time to meet tight deadlines
- Great written skills and an eye for detail
Have you found love?... email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgPosted on: February 7th, 2017