Jobs to love
...maybe this is the job you'll
Job title: Jobs – Commercial Manager (FMCG)
The start-up: This start-up specialises in creating traditional sweet treats with nutritional twists, which can be enjoyed by anyone who loves to indulge in delicious and comforting food, but who wants to do so in a nourishing way.
Other goodies: Competitive salary + bonus + options
What you'll be doing:
- We are looking for a Commercial Lead, to build and head up the sales function of young, high-growth FMCG, managing and growing key accounts such as Waitrose, Ocado, Selfridges and Wholefoods as well as defining the sales pipeline- identifying new opportunities for growth and taking the business into new retailers and accounts.
- This is a unique opportunity to build something from the ground up, and really unleash your inner-entrepreneur. The Founder’s expertise is not in sales and she is looking for someone who can take the reins and run with it.
- The ideal candidate will be strategic and commercial, but unafraid to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in. This would suit someone who thrives when given accountability and ownership!
What's to love: The opportunity to build and lead the sales function of an early-stage, rapidly growing, ethical food brand
What they'll love:
- The position demands a good understanding of the UK free-from, confectionary and snacking markets and their dynamics.
- Strong experience in a food business (3+ years), preferably with some experience in a start up.
- Experience in dealing with at least one food channel, i.e multiple retailers, food service, wholesalers etc.
- A highly organised individual with good planning skills and the ability to manage projects across different categories.
- A high degree of analytical skill in order to develop meaningful business plans; carry out financial analysis and carry out promotional evaluation in order to provide solid management and accurate information for decision making.
- Very strong numerical ability.
- Confident in Excel and Powerpoint with the ability to build investment plans.
- Exceptional new business development skills.
- Excellent buyer contacts or ability to find contacts easily.
- Strong customer relationship management skills, possessing the ability & confidence to sell commercial propositions in line with company and customer.
- A resilient attitude & strong negotiation skills in order to achieve mutually acceptable outcomes in often very demanding circumstances.
- Happy to guide and advise on; expected margins by category, promo mechanics by category etc.
- Experience with Shopper marketing & ability to advise on appropriate activities.
- Experience in and happy to deal with all aspects of account management.
- Comfortable with managing account managers as the sales team grows.
- Genuine interest in our brand and product range.
- Happy to work in a small team and get stuck into any aspect of the business – a “roll your sleeves up” mentality.
Have you found love?... email your CV to email@example.comPosted on: March 27th, 2017