Jobs to love
...maybe this is the job you'll
Job title: Jobs – COO
The start-up: They’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich, Paris and Madrid. They are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since they launched, so they’re growing fast. They've just been ranked 6th in the Financial Times' Top 1000 Fastest Growing Companies in Europe.
Other goodies: Stock Options
What you'll be doing:
- We are hiring for this role to complement the existing skill sets and experience in the Exec team.
- We have grown considerably in revenue and headcount in the last 5 years. This role is initially about creating a sustainable and scalable business infrastructure to allow our business to grow - the absence of which is currently holding us back from achieving our plans. The role will also have significant P&L responsibility, moving to full P&L responsibility over time.
- The successful candidate will work closely with the Founder/CEO to allow him more time on other areas of business growth.
- You'll be responsible for developing and implementing plans to scale the business for its next stage of growth focussing initially on core business operations - strategy development process, business planning process, business measurement tracking & reporting process
- Ownership initially of ~30% of total P+L, across international (Germany and Spain) and new propositions. Over a short period of time to own UK P+L, giving full P+L ownership
- GMs of each of above P+Ls reporting to this role
- UK MD reporting in over time (6-12 months), giving full P+L ownership of the business
- Leading performance marketing targets across each P+L, choosing the trade off by market of volume vs growth with those targets
- Strong input into product prioritization (centralised)
- Working closely with other centralised teams (Finance, HR, Marketing, BI) to support each business division
- Present at all board meetings, with close investor communication
What's to love: It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
What they'll love:
- Been significantly involved in the scaling up a high growth business, to help bring knowledge and lessons learnt into the wider Exec and Company
- Able to lead business strategy development and their own functional strategy development. Does this by creating viable options and working with others across the business to choose the right options, Is able to create roadmaps for the future ahead and deliver to these plans.
- Significant experience working on an Exec team before
- Managing people who have responsibility themselves of significant P+Ls
- Demonstrates experience of juggling multiple types of P+Ls at the same time and prioritise between them
- Demonstrable experience of involvement in corporate governance (e.g. OKRs or similar, budgeting, internal comms)
- Process orientated, with clear demonstration of setting targets and goals for teams to aim towards
- Inspirational leader of leaders
- Strong communicator, regularly presenting to whole company both in writing and in person
- Exceptional at hiring great talent
- Displays gravitas, intellectual calibre and commercial nous when dealing with the team, clients and the board
- Digital business experience strongly preferred, ideally in Marketplace or eCommerce
- International experience desirable, balancing the needs of different markets, what to change from the core vs specific localisation, and prioritising between them
Have you found love?... email your CV to [email protected]Posted on: June 1st, 2019