Jobs to love
...maybe this is the job you'll
Job title: Jobs – Director of Operations
Salary: DoE but Generous + stock options
The start-up: A well-funded, early stage start-up that is disrupting and revolutionising the high street shopping model by changing and challenging the shopper’s behaviours on the high street.
Other goodies: Competitive Package
What you'll be doing:
- We are looking for a rock star Operations guru to join a young, dynamic and recently-launched team in London to run the A-Z of our Operations.
- Not only that you will be a key member of the senior team and will be a key person in creating and developing the company culture.
- The thrust of your role will be about taking over all the operations once the deal has been done with our new partners – whether it’s a global retailer, a multi million dollar shopping mall, a 5 star London hotel or a top leisure attraction. You will set this operation up , smoothly and efficiently from scratch with support from your team.
- Whoever our partner is you will be responsible for making the experience seamless from start to finish; free of friction and truly delightful for our end customers to use and our partners to collaborate with.
- Your mantra will be customer obsession in both B2B and B2C channels. You will work incredibly closely with our R&D team, refining our product and optimising it for the best user experience and making sure our sales team have a winning product to sell and our Account Managers have a fantastic product to train on.
- You will be responsible for creating the roadmap and infrastructure so we can create an A-Z of how we set up and roll out the operations as we expand globally and locally into new markets ensuring efficiency and simplicity at all times. Scaling up will be a big part of what you do. The logistics will be managed along with the support of the existing team and you will be responsible for all courier relationships ( optimising cost ), hardware, manufacturing and logistics….Whatever it takes to make our product work with our partners ( b2B) and ensuring the end user ( B2C) receives their delivery on time and in budget will fall under your remit.
- You will partner closely with the Finance Director, CTO and the Founder & CEO whilst managing the Logistics, Manufacturing, Customer Service and Account Management teams ( currently 5 people) .
- You will be a true conduit between the Product, the Sales and the face of the business.
What's to love: Step in right at the start of this well-funded, rapidly growing start-up and have a major impact on its' evolution.
What they'll love:
- Smart, analytical and structured with an ability to execute and build processes balanced with creative approach.
- High energy and adaptable
- Strong match would be operations and logistics experience in either tech enabled service based business with an understanding of retail /hospitality/leisure . Most importantly understands 2 sided marketplaces and how to match demand and supply.
- Strong (operational) leader and clear communicator.
- Tech savvy and able to play a full ‘product’ role from an ops perspective and scope up requirements and/or use technology to make processes better, faster, cheaper and more scalable.
- Have worked in a high growth - short time line– technology led – investor backed business
- Commercially astute – switched on with intellectual horsepower
- An affinity to and understanding of the retail and hospitality sector
- You're highly entrepreneurial – think of how you will do it and rise to the challenge
- Action orientated: get on and do but know when you need to get advice, help or mentoring from others and ask for that advice.
- Willing to roll your sleeves up and do everything that is expected in a start up– you will be dropping bags too! No divas please!
- Customer obsessed and seek to delight
- Have a deep belief in our concept and mission.
Have you found love?... email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgPosted on: January 13th, 2017