Jobs to love
...maybe this is the job you'll
Job title: Jobs – Food Production Managing Chef
Salary: Competitive Salary
The start-up: A VC-backed B-Corp on a mission to become Earth’s most forward-thinking food company.
Other goodies: A competitive salary, company benefits and share of equity
What you'll be doing:
- be the lead responsible for our production kitchen and team; owning all prep, cooking, finishing, flash freeze and the packaging of our meals - making each dish to our exacting taste and quality standards.
- be energetic and enthusiastic with a real passion for great food, experienced in chef and quality management and enjoy building and maintaining slick operations.
- run a tight production operation to deliver and scale daily production yields, hit target costings and apply a sharp attention to process, detail and quality.
- have clear expectations of what you want from each team member (from KP to deputy managers), understand how to get the best out of your people, and bring experience at hiring, coaching, and nurturing staff to develop a team that you are proud and confident to lead.
- collaborate with our ops and technical teams to continuously map and refine production processes: improving prep, cook,freezing & plating stages;and, identifying new equipment, space, people,supplier & process needs.
- lead by example, sleeves-up and prepping or cooking wherever necessary, with a masterful understanding of every cut-size, cook-time, sauce thickness and plating finish - always ensuring consistent quality products, while looking out for & guiding your team.
What's to love: Do something that matters, that our world needs, working with like-minded people on a mission. Earn your own share in the company you are building. Top holiday allowances and pension at +6 months. Career development plan & training at Europe’s fastest growing plant-powered food startup. Free catered lunches, snacks & team fun, as well as staff discounts on food package deliveries.
What they'll love:
- You are an experienced chef and kitchen manager, who has run a busy production environment for a minimum of 5-8 years, ideally within major contract catering or premium hand-made production kitchens (e.g. Bighams, Cook, Bakkavor, Kerry Foods, large hotels or CPUs).
- Ideally you’ve worked in a similar cook-freeze, cook-chill and/or food production environment.
- Passionate about great food, slick operations and consistently brilliant flavours.
- Take pride in achieving the highest levels of cleanliness and health & safety.
- Organised like a boss, thriving on getting things done and improving quality, culture and systems.
- Communicate with clarity and confidence, enhancing the team by listening, offering direction and speaking up when something is wrong, needs fixing or is jeopardising production or quality.
- Thrive on the production kitchen floor, with energy, commitment and a can-do attitude.
- NVQ level 1, 2 & 3, HACCP Level 2 & Food Safety Certifications.
- And, you’ve got to have a great sense of humour.
Have you found love?... email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgPosted on: August 20th, 2018