Jobs to love
...maybe this is the job you'll
Job title: Jobs – Head of Logistics
The start-up: Post Series A, Tech City "Future-50", high-growth retail scale-up. Technology is at their heart and they’re using it to create a business with soul. They’re backed by some of the most reputable VCs in Europe and they’re hiring smart, hardworking people like there’s no tomorrow. Their team is a mix of analysts, buyers, developers, biochemists, economists, literature majors and designers - a real mix of solid experience and fresh young talent.
Other goodies: Competitive Salary and stock options
What you'll be doing:
- We are looking for a Head of Logistics to join our fast growing eommcerce business to build the best-in-class furniture supply chain.
- You will have complete ownership of our products once they enter the UK until they reach our customers.
- You will manage our relationships with our third party warehouse provider and multiple 1-man and 2-man delivery partners, including the commercial negotiations and performance management.
- You will define our long term logistics strategy and run all of the day-to-day operations, with complete responsibility for inbound and outbound operations at our third party warehouse and last mile delivery, including the management and commercials of our reverse flow.
- You will own and control a multi-million £ cost base with direct P&L responsibility and build a lean but exceptional team to support you.
- We want to build an exceptional logistics operation that minimises operational failures and delights customers
- Define and execute the vision and strategy for logistics, including warehousing, stock management and our delivery network
- Manage multiple third party providers performance, exceeding SLAs and driving continuous performance improvement
- Develop commercial and strategic plans to ensure that the business has the logistics operation in place to deal with continued rapid business growth
- Measure and report against operational and financial KPIs and targets
- Manage day-to-day operations, tackle complex logistics problems and drive continuous improvement across all processes, including container arrival, stock management and movement and delivery to customers
- Manage reverse flow process to minimise degraded stock and maximise the commercial return on this stock
- Build and manage a lean, fit-for-purpose logistics team
What's to love: Launched in 2012 and backed by leading VC's Octopus and Index, this business has grown 300% year on year and now boast a team of 58 working across offices in London, Vietnam, India and China.
What they'll love:
- Experience within ecommerce logistics, in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Excellent relationship building, communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to own and impact KPIs and manage costbase effectively
- Attention to detail and an ability to drive tactical process improvements
- Strong analytical skills, keen eye for detail and a natural problem solver
- Hands on, practical and ability to work with and manage people of all backgrounds
- Strategic approach and commercial acumen
- Experience both launching and running an operation
Have you found love?... email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgPosted on: April 12th, 2017