Jobs to love
...maybe this is the job you'll
Job title: Jobs – Head of Business Development
The start-up: London’s leading app-based provider of fast beauty on demand (Uber for Beauty), designed to fit into the busy lives of time-poor, demanding women.
Other goodies: Competitive salary + bonus + EMI options (+ an accelerated learning curve) for the right individual.
What you'll be doing:
- We have big ambitions, are growing fast and have an exciting 12m roll out roadmap.
- We are building a ‘playbook’, testing launch in our first 2 UK cities, and in parallel starting to explore which International city to launch next.
- We are looking for a very hands on commercial superstar to build a Corporate business (recurring revenue office business, plus secondarily hotels, gyms etc) in a fast and scalable way.
- In addition, you would play a key role in scaling and professionalising all 3rd party commercial activity – including Brand relationships and co-marketing. Key elements will include:
- Build a multi-million £ corporate business (with recurring contractual revenues) : At work (packages: wellness, stress buster, morale booster) & one off events, parties, shoots, new launches etc (60%)
- Create a scalebale sales process, materials, execution plan with predictable metrics/roi and recruit a sales team behind this
- Lead our co-marketing efforts focused on cross marketing to like targeted databases of scale and email capture competitions. The objective is to build a monthly pipe and scalable process which works with the marketing/crm team to drive new acquisition (20%)
- Work with DM/FM to professionalise our commercial brand relationships, centred on branded services & sampling (20%)
- This is a hybrid leading by example in field to drive bookings/sales & strategic management role (building scaleable processes, contact templates, collecting funnel metrics to optimise design) . The role reports to the CEO and will work closely with the new city roll out, marketing and operations teams
What's to love: Leading international expansion into 2 countries (and beyond.. ), managing expansion, and taking P&L responsibility for each city launch.
What they'll love:
- Very commercial, outgoing, sociable, comfortable with high volume lead gen reach out and conversion
- High capacity, fast paced, can do attitude, driven by results. Works always with the end in mind
- Smart, analytical, numerate, detailed orientated, self-starter who picks things up quickly
- Comfortable in field, in office, working alone or building a sales team
- Big picture AND in the detail: happy to get hands dirty, hungry to seek out the nuances that make a difference (vs operate a generic level)
- Good communicator, works well across functions, trusted by others to deliver solutions not problems
- Super organised & highly productive, goal orientated self-starter vs needing micro management
- Able to manage the complexities & ambiguity of a scale-up moving at speed.
- Able to think about scaling (building repeatable processes, templates, libraries, checklists) vs firefighting
- FAST (Goal orientation, rapid data based execution & iteration, strives to make things better)
- ACCESSIBLE (Always approachable, Non-hierarchical, strongest argument wins)
- FABULOUS (Quality of service and output is at the heart of everything we do)
- FUN (fun to be with, enjoys making other people happy)
- Strong academics and demonstrable track record delivering revenues & beating commercial expectation
- Strong experience in a business development role. Ideally experience in a commercial business development role in start up/scale up where you built the function from scratch.
- Experience of high volume cold reach out and optimising conversion with a template driven approach, with clear conversion funnel metrics
- Experience recruiting, incentivising and building a high performing business development & account management teem
- Affinity, interest & knowledge of the beauty services & product market would be an advantage
Have you found love?... email your CV to email@example.comPosted on: November 30th, 2016