Jobs to love
...maybe this is the job you'll
Job title: Jobs – Investment Executive
The start-up: A private investment platform focused on early-stage growth equity opportunities. We focus on investment opportunities of up to £5 million per companyand have invested approximately £50 million of capital since inception in 2012.
Other goodies: Bonus plus performance fee equity share.
What you'll be doing:
- We are currently seeking an investment executive to join the executive team of a private investment platform focused on early-stage growth equity opportunities.
- The individual will be involved in all areas of the investment process, in addition to other wider business aspects (portfolio reporting, investor relations, ad hoc strategic projects, etc.).
- The investment executive will report directly to the Managing Director and will be required to work closely with the executive team and investors. The core attraction of the investment executive role is that you will be managing the deal process from end-to-end; key responsibilities include:
- Origination: Sourcing new deal opportunities (through building your network, proprietary research, attending events, etc.) and working with the wider team to evaluate all inbound opportunities (both business plan reviews and initial screening meetings);
- Due Diligence: Leading all aspects of the due diligence process (commercial, financial, legal, operational, etc.), including sourcing and engaging with third-party subject-matter-experts. Further, you will have responsibility for presenting opportunities to the investment committee and leading the investor Q&A;
- Term Sheet & Legal Document Negotiation: Negotiating terms, working with our lawyers to agree long form documents and managing the transaction completion process; and
- Portfolio Management: Working with the appointed Investor Directors to assist individual portfolio companies with key operational and fundraising decision-making. You will build up a portfolio of companies that you work closely with, which may present the opportunity join multiple portfolio company boards (either in an observer or director capacity).
What's to love: An opportunity to join an extremely active investment platform, making approximately 10 new investments per year, and manage the deal process from end-to-end.
What they'll love:
- 4-6 years prior experience in Strategy Consulting and/ or Accounting (including >2-years Corporate Finance experience). Some investing or entrepreneurial experience would be beneficial, although not essential;
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills;
- High degree of intellectual curiosity; the individual will enjoy dissecting markets, companies, financial models and people (figuratively);
- Confident engaging with senior executives; and
- Entrepreneurial/ resilient.
Have you found love?... email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgPosted on: February 13th, 2018