Jobs to love
...maybe this is the job you'll
Job title: Jobs – Investor Relations Manager
The start-up: An early stage impact venture capital firm that invests in highly innovative companies seeking to solve some of the world’s biggest social and environmental challenges.
Other goodies: Competitive salary and stock options
What you'll be doing:
- This is a highly challenging relationship management role with exposure to our global group of investors, including family offices, some of the world’s top executives, entrepreneurs, HNWs and institutional investors.
- The responsibilities will include:
- Manage and develop relationships with existing members – understanding their interests, preferences for investment (including but not limited to sectors, business models, risk profile, investment size) as well as involvement with ventures.
- Communicate ongoing investment opportunities to members, working closely with the Venture Team, explaining deal structures, valuation, impact models, business models, exit scenarios; drive capital deployment into individual ventures as well as the Venture Fund
- Help drive expansion of the investor network – meet inspirational prospective members, communicate investment product offering, follow up on existing leads as well as generate new ones, convert the conversations into full membership or fund investment, or both; support investors’ on-boarding process
- Manage our standardised communications to investors
- Working closely with our leadership to co-design future investment product offering, including our technology platform, based on ongoing feedback from members
- Lead on organisation of the investor and business development events, manage junior team member to deliver on events
What's to love: An opportunity to join an early-stage VC, whose global group of members include the former CEO of McKinsey & Company, CEO of the London Olympics, CEO of Jupiter Asset Management, and CEO of Hoare & Co Bank, all united in their efforts to help solve global societal issues.
What they'll love:
- Excellent people and senior stakeholder management skills
- First class communication skills; ability to explain complex business and financial topics in a compelling, easy-to-understand manner; excellent written English
- Great ‘sales’ skills in the financial/investment management context – able to help investors get comfortable with a given investment
- Very strong commercial acumen
- Proficiency in MS Excel (ability to understand financial models) and other MS Office tools
- Several years of work experience in a fast paced environment, preferably financial services, technology, consulting, fast-growing companies or other challenging environment
- Previous experience selling investment products and/or managing relationships with UHNW’s with direct client exposure strongly preferred
- Integrity – believing in making a positive difference.
- Kindness – strong sense of empathy, and desire to help those in need.
- Team player – willingness to catch balls for other team members at all times.
- Hard work – we are looking for someone who is hard-working, keen to deliver and contribute, help the team wherever possible and have a genuine can-do attitude.
- Growth mindset – willingness to learn and grow, openness to constructive feedback. Ability to operate in non-constant environment, with persistent and continual organizational change.
- Leadership potential – willingness to help others grow and keen to lead by example. Excited about potentially building and leading a team.
- High energy – enjoys working in a fast-paced environment; comfortable with switching between tasks and re-prioritizing on the go. Prefers varied workload to routine.
- Independence – being highly proactive and not waiting around for work to be assigned.
- Creativity – keen to find ways to tackle complex challenges.
- Thought leadership and courage – being able to form opinions based on facts and being unafraid in voicing them.
- Professionalism – behave in a professional way, comfortable interacting with people of all backgrounds and levels of seniority.
Have you found love?... email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgPosted on: January 13th, 2017