Jobs to love
...maybe this is the job you'll
Job title: Jobs – NPD & Technical Manager
The start-up: The brand revolutionising sweet snacking. The company specialises in indulgence with a twist, and shows everyone how easy it is to enjoy natural deliciousness.
Other goodies: An exciting and fast-paced working environment, a supportive team with many social events and bundles of free snacks.
What you'll be doing:
- The NPD and technical manager to oversee all food development from concept to launch.
- Work directly with their Product Manager and CEO to supervise all ambient NPD projects from concept ideation to launch on shelves.
- Ensures all projects follow the gate process and are delivered: On time, On brand, On budget
- Identifying and/or managing new/existing suppliers up until launch.
- Working at their manufacturer to project manage.
- Acting as the technical lead in liaising with third party suppliers to ensure all products are produced in line with quality, safety and legislation requirements as well as brand and consumer expectations.
- Working closely with the Commercial Director and Head of Supply on commercials of NPD projects, and have a good understanding of the COGs.
- Keeping track and analysing food and lifestyle trends, new products launches and categories performance
- Interacting closely with the all teams including marketing, supply and finance teams to ensure all the deadlines set are met.
- Finding, understanding and delivering new opportunities.
- Involvement in procurement to ensure the best ingredients are used at the best price.
What's to love: The opportunity to be part of something that is well on its way of being huge, working directly with the Founder whose main passion is in NPD, and to be the second person in the team of product management.
What they'll love:
- The successful candidate will demonstrate outstanding initiative in product development and project management and technical skills, will have a true passion for food and the market in which we play in better for you confectionery.
- 2+ year experience in project and tecnical management of new product launches within the food & drinks industry
- Food science related degree.
- Driven and ambitious with the energy to work within a rapidly growing business that is constantly evolving Line management experience
- Passionate about food and food safety.
- Good set of taste buds for tasting of product and ingredient shelf life.
- Experience working with and being able to influence factories and suppliers.
- Experience in innovation – adapting and setting up new process transferring skills and knowledge and problem solving where necessary.
- Self-motivator and super organised – to own, develop and manage projects and systems
- Good communicator – to communicate effectively cross-functionally as necessary and upskill NPD team along the way
- Prepared for UK travel between factory and HQ, and for being based at factories for 1 day per week.
Have you found love?... email your CV to [email protected]Posted on: January 31st, 2019