Jobs to love
...maybe this is the job you'll
Job title: Jobs – Operations Manager
The start-up: A high growth consumer insurance company with its global head office based in San Francisco and its European headquarters in London.
Other goodies: Juicy Stock Options
What you'll be doing:
- Drive development and improvement of new and existing Operations cost reporting tools and functionalities
- Perform complex cost data analysis to inform business decision making in relation to the operational cost metrics
- Manage the operational cost forecasting process for activities across the supply chain, feeding into our FP&A team and the business forecast
- Execute business process analyses to determine resolutions that clarify and address operational challenges
- Act as liaison between the Operations team and third party partners as it relates to the monthly operations on all cost related matters, including pricing negotiations
- Successfully collaborate across multiple departments to help drive process improvement and increased profitability by helping with the implementation of business solutions
What's to love: You'll make a big impact! This position provides ample opportunities to collaborate closely with Business Development, Customer Service, and IT on large-scale projects that directly impact our exponential growth. With lots of variety in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment you won’t get bored! You’ll work in a small team and have the tools and autonomy to identify problems and bring solutions to the table. Not only will you get to work on our European operations, you'll also get to work closely with our team based in the United States.
What they'll love:
- Intellectually curious and detail-oriented: You’re passionate about asking questions, quickly ramping up, and remaining agile as you receive feedback from business owners
- Driven to make an impact on the business: You’re willing to think outside the box and have a solution based approach to your work
- Meticulous: details, details, details...you thrive when living in the weeds and are constantly scouring for trends and aberrations
- Ambitious: You’ll go above and beyond to get results, and you’re able to motivate others to do the same!
- You’ll get your hands dirty: You're not afraid to jump into confusing messy situations. You love being the go-to person for getting things done.
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- 5+ years of quant driven experience in data analysis, cost analysis, project management,
- or related experience
- Demonstrated ability to work with numbers and data, either from degree or work experience in a business environment
- Excel skills required, along with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Google sheets/ docs
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in SQL and Tableau is a plus
- Spanish or German language skills are a plus
Have you found love?... email your CV to [email protected]Posted on: April 12th, 2019