Jobs to love
...maybe this is the job you'll
Job title: Jobs – Sales Director
The start-up: Fast-growing start-up revolutionising the design industry, a market worth over $700bn annually.
Other goodies: Competitive package + generous equity in an early-stage and high-growth business
What you'll be doing:
- To date, sales activity at has been owned by a number of people in the team. Now, we need to clearly define the sales strategy for the business across all channels, building a team to drive engagement, increase order value and accelerate revenue growth to achieve our punchy targets for the next year.
- A unique opportunity to make a real impact in a rapid growth business. Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for defining sales strategy across the business. You will manage, mentor and expand the existing sales function, and will identify incentive and motivation programmes that will achieve (and exceed) our growth targets for the next year and beyond.
- Your rapidly growing team will be in constant contact with offices, hotels, restaurants, architects and interior designers - the entire user spectrum of our industry - primarily on a call basis, with regular face-to-face meetings with key accounts; studio design heads, practice leads and senior buyers. This team is the key growth driver for our business - and it’ll be up to you to define and refine your strategy to achieve our growth targets - so you will be holding individuals (and the team as a whole) accountable for consistently hitting individual and team performance targets.
What's to love: A unique opportunity to make a real impact in a rapid growth business
What they'll love:
- Someone with extensive experience building and driving sales teams to exceed ambitious targets.
- You’re familiar with working as part of a senior management team and you have deep experience turning business targets into a clear, coherent and detailed sales strategy.
- You can operate at a detailed target and incentive level as well as looking beyond day-to-day sales activity to identify process gaps and system improvements that will further drive productivity and revenue.
- Recruitment, line management & mentoring of junior staff will be second nature - but most importantly, you’re a firm believer in meritocracy, and you have a huge appetite to drive forward a fast-growing business with great potential.
- Previous experience running a sales team: hiring, targeting, incentivising, mentoring, motivating and holding team members accountable
- Demonstrable experience of consistently hitting targets with your team
- Experience managing, prioritising and closing leadsExperience defining, building and executing on strategy, with evidence of financial improvement as a direct result of your strategy
- Previous work in small, high-performance teams (especially technology startups) is preferred.
Have you found love?... email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgPosted on: December 7th, 2017